What a failure !

By GilaChess - December 14, 2014

I know my DGT board adventures were filled with failures and many people were whispering "why can't he get the board online?".

 I am just glad that the organisers from DATMO and Johor Open didn't mind me blundering, experimenting and learning.

Of course there that famous adage "Don't be afraid to fail". It's harder than it is when people just talk about your failures.

Some people think I am technically adept but that is far from the truth. I am very comfortable solving programming problems - anything software related but when it comes to setting up servers and connecting wires, I am quite terrible at it.

For me it was a success because at the end I see the live board up and consistently running for last few rounds of the Penang Open. All of this (thankfully!) can be replicated successfully again in future because of experience, sweat and tears that went into getting it up.

Also, this has helped me overcome my phobia of being a incompetent, bungeling idiot when it comes to hardware fixes.At least I feel less incompetent after this experience.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 Post a Comment

My Blog List