Getting ready for Penang Open

By GilaChess - December 08, 2014

Right after the Johor Open, I had a day rest before coming to Penang. I'm here now at the Red Rock Hotel and anxious for the Penang Open to start.


Arrived last night after a tiring 7 hours drive through heavy rains in time to catch the arrival of Penang Open top seed :-

GM Susanto Megaranto of Indonesia.

He arrived together with fellow compatriot IM Irwanto Sadikin and the Deputy President or PERCASI. 

Being a blogger, the first t thing I check of course is ..



Looks very good and I should be getting the same speeds in the tournament hall seeing that it's in the same building. 

I will not be doing any live chess broadcast as that will be handled by Muhd Arshad. That should be interesting as there will be at least 4-5 boards broadcasted live. I will include that as a permanent page in the Penang chess blog afterwards. Perhaps I will have a camera live feed somewhere but my main focus is updating news on the event.

It will be an exciting week ! Stay tuned ....


  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 Post a Comment

My Blog List