Fixing crashed OS

By GilaChess - June 19, 2013

Fixing this for a chess friend whose Windows OS has crashed. It’s a dual boot machine so it has both Apple Max OS as well as Microsoft Windows. Previously Windows crashed (no surprise Smile) so only the Apple OS was usable. Now at the dual boot screen it is only black. Sad smile

I tried starting it up and all I see is a black screen.

air1

That’s my own mac side by side the “black screen” Mac. They look identical.

air2

Restored in less than 5 minutes. Apparently the brightness was set all the way down to zero hence the black screen.

So the Apple OS was not at fault. It was working all the time Smile

I will still need to fix the Windows crash which will take more time and involve reformatting the Windows partition. I still feel the Air is one of the best notebook for a chess player for it’s mobility. I fully recommend it to any chess player particularly now that the new models can run up to 12 hours. The starting price for a brand new Air is around RM 2999.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 Post a Comment

My Blog List