Chess Festival over

By GilaChess - September 24, 2014


I know it's been over for at least 3 days but for me it's now only over after I finished the 2nd part of the Chessbase article last night. (First part here)That was my last 'task' for the Malaysian Open.

It was tiring and there were lots of things I did not get to do. Didn't get to make my DGT board work for live games. As usual, things worked perfectly at home and everything went wrong on the first day of the tournament itself. The first 3 days I had to ferry chess players to clinics and hospital for various ailments. Thankfully the most serious was a burst appendix and the player went for surgery and was out in 3 days with no complications. Getting back to the DGT board I found my driver CD scratched and could not reinstall it. The DGT website did not have the critical drivers for the Bluetooth board. That left the DGT board functioning as plain chess set on board 1 for the Open section.

Also, I did not do much for the festival. No live games. Not even recorded games to publish. All I could manage was to post up pictures and update the tournament websites with basic results and chess videos by Vijay Kumar.

Despite that, everyone else did their part and the event was a success. Again. :)

At least I got to meet many old and new chess friends. It certainly was memorable and fitting for my last DATMO.

P/S: Thanks to all that supported me by buying my 'GilaChess' T-shirt.

Pictures I took for the event can be found at http://flickr.com/gilachess

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

2 Post a Comment

My Blog List