GilaChess website down and a rare appearance

By GilaChess - August 22, 2005

I have to say sorry to many chess fans out there who couldn't get news of the Malaysia Open for Round 3 and 4. My web host server had an error and they took the whole thing offline for one day. As a results, my website was down for the whole day. What's worse was even after the problem was fixed, the website worked very slowly and some people could not even see the first page. This is the first time the website has gone down (not counting the hacker attack) and it couldn't happen at a worse time. Today the website seems faster. Scanning the photos I took. I came across one that contained the picture on the right. It's NM Peter Long - one of Malaysia's strongest chess player (on the right) talking to Najib. Peter Long was (and still is) one of my local chess heroes from my teenage years. Peter turned up the Mid Valley third floor MVEC playing hall where the 2nd Malaysian Open was being held. He has long left the chess scene and his appearance here was a big surprise to me. Peter, if you are reading this, I hope you don't mind me posting your picture here.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 Post a Comment

My Blog List