One Week Plan (continued)

By GilaChess - January 20, 2006

Just an update on point no 1 of my one week plan for the coming CAS tournament. 1. Tactics: Many advice from the net and some strong players say that tactics training is a sure way to boost chess performance. Now the problem is what tools to use. Will use Renko chess tactics puzzle for this on a daily basis. Have to see if I can copy this tactics exercises to my PDA so I can practice during my daily commute to work. I didn't find out and was just plain lazy to figure out how to include Renko Intensive Chess Tactics exercises into my PDA so instead I used Pocket CT-Art by Convekta. It's an excellent program but I wish I had more time to use it. At the moment I used it during my commute to and from work on the LRT (trains). I have to admit some of the puzzles were hard to solve. As a result, I overshot and missed my intended train station on many occasions and got to work late.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 Post a Comment

My Blog List