Saturday, June 25, 2005

GilaChess Forum is up!

I have created chess forums before in The Chess Network website as well as GilaChess website but they never took off because of poor response. This is my third try. But I'm confident it will do well this time judging from the chess activity this year and also the number of people using my website ShoutBox to voice their opinions. Image hosted by Photobucket.com I'm not announcing it publicly in the Malaysia's chess newsgroup as I'm confident the numbers of posters will slowly go up by itself. Click here to see how the forum looks like.

2 comments:

iQing said...

I think it would be better if your forum has a section for chinese chess.

If you want, I can help you to get one free Ivision powerboard. It is better than phpbb.

a blog reader
-Life Feel
www.xanga.com/life_feel

GilaChess said...

Great suggestion!! I'll add Chinese chess as a category in the forum.

However, I also know how much better Invision Power Board is. But it is commercial now and I don't like the idea that the newer versions are just not available if you are not willing to pay.

Anyway for the features PHPBB has - I think it's good enough. Don't really need the extras from Invision.

Plus, I can get new plugins or updates for free if I'm using PHPBB.

Another addition is that I've already written some 'Chess' plugins just for PHPBB and can include diagrams. I think it's only the 2nd forum in the world that can do this. :)

Tags

Newsletter

www.flickr.com

Contact us

Name

Email *

Message *