Biggest Chess tournament to held in Malaysia

By GilaChess - July 21, 2005

This is taken from The Chess Network. Looks like it's going to be a busy August and September for chess players in Malaysia.

Click here to view the Details of the Merdeka Festival

Or visit The Chess Network for more details. I'm taking a whole week off work to be part of the Malaysian Open. It's the 2nd in a hopefully long series to come. The 1st Dato Arthur Tan Malaysian Open (that's the full name of the tourney) was a memorable event for me. I got to play amongst Grandmasters and IMs from all over the country. So even if you are not a chess fanatic like me, do stop by if you are in Mid Valley to take a look at real-life Grandmasters. More on that later in my blog posts. I'm working hard now right not at my chess game but on ways to come out with some good online chess publishing tools so that we can have news about the Malaysian Open as soon as each round ends. With the help of da5thknight (our newest GilaChess member) and Remisaman, I'm sure we can make the site reporting a success. Wish us luck.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 Post a Comment

My Blog List