Sugar boost!

By GilaChess - May 06, 2014

I am always on the lookout for the type of food consumed by chess players.


This is what I've managed to find out during the Selangor Open.

Many of the top players frequently will take "snack breaks" in the form of candy bars and chocolate.

They do so at least once but only in the middle of the game.


Some will take it sitting down.

Others will get up and secretly unwrap their Kit Kat and eat it while watching a game far from their board.



I am sure there are benefits especially in a draining tournament like Selangor Open where any boost in the mental faculty will help immensely.

Timing is all important too. I saw one player take his sugar boost a few minutes after the round start which was too early and coincidentally I saw him lose at the end of the round.

So will you be packing Kit Kat or some Mars bars for your next tournament ?? :)

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 Post a Comment

My Blog List