My room mate

By GilaChess - September 01, 2022

    While most people would one a single room when given a choice of sharing or not, I feel a little favouring more to having a room mate. For all my 15 years being involved in the Malaysian Chess Festival there was only 2 instances where I had no room mate. The main attraction of the chess festival is to meet chess friends and not really chess itself. It's a once in a year type event.

This year sadly it's another one where I am without a room mate. So this is my chosen room mate taken from my home balcony. All my plants died during the pandemic except some cactus-like succulent and this Indian Borage plant. It's a survivor so it's an apt choice I think.



Besides aesthetic I suppose it also takes in the carbon dioxide I breathe and converts it to oxygen which is useful particularly I would be in this room for the duration of the festival from 31st Aug to 12 September.


Besides that, the leaves of this plant has been a saviour to me when I had long bouts of coughing (before the pandemic ok? so not Covid!). It stopped the coughing almost immediately. Just boil the leaves and drink like a tea. 

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 Post a Comment

My Blog List