Good riddance to JohorChessAssociation.com

By GilaChess - August 07, 2016

Yeah you heard me right. I hate JohorChessAssociation.com.

Of course,I have no problems with the association itself but their long domain name. From last year itself I adviced that they shorten their domain name to something easy to remember like JohorChess.com and finally they actually did it.

So it is now 

http://JohorChess.com 


Easier to type and remember right?

Of course the old domain is still there and working (both domain names go to the same website). I guess it's still there for official purpose and for those who love to type a lot. :)

Looking around the local websites, there is another long domain name I don't like. It's http://datcchesscenter.com. This is even worse because I often get it wrong and type datcchesscentre.com. It's compounded by the fact that DATCC is officially  spelled the british way with "centre".

I am waiting for DATCC to shorten their URL too. :)

So my advice to anyone starting a new website..






  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 Post a Comment

My Blog List