Kids just play too fast

By GilaChess - October 15, 2011

One thing I noticed at last week's junior event is that played at blitz speed even though the event was a rapid 25 minutes time control event.

They played so fast that the whole tournament was over before lunch time! Even though it was only 6 rounds, it was scheduled to end only at 5pm! Of course, I'm sure everybody was happy to go back a couple hours earlier but this is not a good thing for the kids playing habits in the long run.

Can't blame the organisers to be efficient and immediately make pairings as soon as all the games were completed. However my suggestion is that they follow the schedule and not start any game earlier even though all the games for that round has concluded. This will force the kids to wait and let them feel the "penalty" of finishing their games too early.

That's just my 2 cents.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 Post a Comment

My Blog List