Speed boost to Catur.org

By GilaChess - June 27, 2013

Been worried that my move from maribelajar.com for the Malaysian Chess Blogs website was a mistake as the load time on the new site (catur.org) was very slow.

It turns out that it was my mistake for not tweaking the website and using some common caching and 3rd party tools like CDN (content delivery network). The site can be further speeded up by using some cloud services but I will wait till I have more free time to do that.

The speed increase is significant (almost 10 times faster!) and definitely noticeable. Tell me if the load time is still slow at your area.

 

Before:-

image

After:-

image

 

P/S: Latest update. After letting the cache settle down for a couple of hours, another quick test and the site load time is even faster.

At least now it says “Your website is faster than 38% of all tested websites”  for the first timeSmile

image

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 Post a Comment

My Blog List